Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Wallpaper Wednesday - Grass Cloth Wallpaper for the Bedroom


Grass cloth wallpaper is gorgeous and warm in a bedroom. 

I've been agonizing over paint colors for my bedroom.  Picking paint colors has never been easy for me.  It's always trial and error.  Lots of paint samples on the walls and sometimes just having to repaint the whole thing later.  I finally had an "Aha" moment last week while I was trying out the fabric I want to use in the room.  I really want something warm and cozy for the long New England winters.  As I was staring at the room and trying to picture different colors, I remembered when my Dear Husband and I stayed in Newport, RI over the summer.  We stayed at a lovely Victorian B&B called the La Farge Perry House and our room had grass cloth wallpaper.  I absolutely loved it!  I managed to snap a few photos of the room because I was totally enamored with it.  It was so golden and warm!




So this is my inspiration room!  I have a big, four poster bed and will be using a toile fabric.  My colors will be gold and toile red.  The fabric I have is Waverly Country House Toile.  It's been around for awhile.  I've been waiting to use this fabric for a long time and have finally found the perfect room for it.



Grass cloth wallpaper has come a long way in the last decade.  I was always afraid to hang it.  It takes a lot of skill. It could also be difficult to remove later.  The papers are easier to work with now and if you don't want to use actual grass cloth they make some really convincing vinyl faux grass cloth wallpapers.  Some designers are using Phillip Jeffries faux grass cloth in their designs and it really looks fabulous.  I'm researching both types to see what I am most comfortable using.

So what do you think of my inspiration room?  Gorgeous, isn't it?


This post is also on

 http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/ Wow us Wednesdays...

1 comments :

carolyn bradford said...

So glad I found your blog! love grasscloth because I remember it from my childhood! And I am NOT that old! Lol! Seriously, I think it's gorgeous!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! Have a great day!