Monday, September 16, 2013

My Latest Bargain Find!


Turns out that Friday the 13th was a good day for me!  I headed into town to register a vehicle and couldn't resist driving by my favorite antique and junk shops.  Out front of one of them were three ladder back counter stools with rush seats in perfect condition.  It just so happens that I need exactly three and had been looking a long time and not finding anything I liked and that would fit in my small space.  Even more surprising is that these are very sturdy, solid wood and were only $35 each!!  When I wanted to buy all three, the wonderful shop keeper took $15 off.  $90 total for all three stools!

I was looking them over and saw a stamp underneath that read "J.H. Craver and Son."  I looked them up online and found that these stools retail for appx. $150 a piece unfinished!  Well, shut my mouth!!  A true bargain! 

They fit really well around my kitchen island.  So now I have to figure out what color to paint them.  My kitchen is SW Kilim Beige.  I've been told to go bold with color on them but I'm pretty neutral with my color scheme.  The room has a view into the dining which has brown and off-white damask wallpaper, off-white picture frame moldings and chocolate/off-white gingham curtains (photo included below).  So what do you think?  I definitely could use some advice on a paint color.   Do you think I should go bold too?  Maybe Chalk paint?

Since my house was a major fixer-upper, we didn't have a big budget for the kitchen.  We had to be creative.  I'll get into all the kitchen details and before and after photos in a another post.  We still have a lot more to do in this old house so great bargains are always very exciting for me.  It gives me extra money to spend elsewhere.

These photos will show you a little more of the color scheme in my kitchen. 

Love my Friendly Village set of plates!
 

 This is a closer view of the tile work over the sink.  These are also in the island.

 
 




 
Dining Room Colors - you see into this room from the kitchen.

I can't wait to hear your color suggestions. 

8 comments :

designchic said...

Now that was lucky for Friday the 13th! What a bargain and perfect for your island. I love the way they look now, but like you, I gravitate to a neutral palette and would probably do a neutral colored chalk paint...can't wait to see what you do!!

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

Your kitchen looks great...cant wait to see all the before pictures...

Sal Coraccio said...

Nothing beats a bahgin! Hey - great looking island, btw! ;)

Antique Homes and Lifestyle said...

LOL Sal! Someone very talented must have built that island. ;-P

Ivy and Elephants said...

Lucky you, the stools are wonderful and such a bargain! I'l probably stay neutral and paint them
white, but a pale sage might be nice if you are looking for some color. What ever you do, I know it will be
beautiful.
Hugs,
Patti

Antique Homes and Lifestyle said...

Thanks so much for the suggestions! Can't wait to start painting them.

qoya said...

شركة مكافحة حشرات بصفوى
شركة تعقيم بالدمام
شركة تعقيم بجدة
شركة تنظيف منازل بالقطيف
شركة مكافحة حشرات ببقيق
https://al-koya.com/
شركة تنظيف منازل بالدمام
شركة تنظيف موكيت بالدمام
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام
شركة تنظيف مدارس بالدمام

alwafaa campany said...

شركة مكافحة حشرات بالقطيف
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالاحساء
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالخبر
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام
شركة رش مبيدات بالخبر
https://alwfaa-campany.com/

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! Have a great day!