Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Wallpaper Wednesday - Delightful Blue and White Damask

 
Welcome back to our second Wallpaper Wednesday.  This week's theme is blue and white damask.  Blue and white is very popular right now.  It really is a relaxing and soothing combination.  Using the blue and white in damask really brings up the sophistication level and fits very well in antique and traditional homes.  I've always wanted to use this color combination in my home but right now my interior colors are warm neutrals.  My dining room is done in brown and off-white damask. Someday I'll get to use this color scheme.  At least I can pretend and visualize what it would look like on my blog!
 
My go-to for buying wallpaper has always been American Blinds and Wallpaper.  Just happens that they are having a 15% off Damask Sale right now!!  I'm always a sucker for a good wallpaper sale.  Just ask my Dear Husband and he'll tell you about the unused rolls of wallpaper in my attic.   The gorgeous wallpaper below is only $18.81 per double roll!  You can't beat that.  I'm in love... (don't worry they aren't paying me to sell this paper)
 


White Duck and Egg Blue Damask Norwall Wallcoverings



Love the light damask wallpaper paired with the silver planter and blue and white china. Orchids are always so elegant!


Thankfully, wallpaper is back in style.  Although, I never felt like it was really ever out of style.  I've tailored back my use of wallpaper and use it to make a statement now.  My choices are bolder.  You can be bold and make a statement in your home if most of your areas are neutral.  My dining room is in the center of my home and you can see the bold damask wallpaper from almost every room.  The rest of my rooms are neutral and warm and flow into the dining room.

Bold statement wallpaper! Farrow & Ball Lotus wallpaper 



 So sophisticated! Pinterest
  




What a beautiful foyer wallpaper and chandelier combination. Interesting how it all works with the rustic floor and simple striped rug. 
 


Bridgewater Damask - Serendipity, Blue Thibaut Serendipity Wallpaper

I can't imagine this hallway space with any other wallpaper!  It is just so perfect with the picture frame wainscoting.




You can soften the combination and make it warmer by using cream instead of stark white.  This is such an elegant seating area against that beautiful fireplace.
 
 


Kelley Proxmire Decorator.  Photo - www.cococozy.com
I just love this bedroom combination.  The blue and white damask wallpaper and the gingham fabric are beautiful together.  Definitely a favorite combination of mine! 



What a charming girl's bedroom!  So sweet!

 

Thanks for sharing in my love of beautiful wallpaper! 
 
If you've enjoyed this post please subscribe to my page, leave a comment or pass this along to a friend.

Have a wonderful day!


3 comments :

Phyllis @Around the House said...

Oh Christine I adore that wallpaper, so happy I found your sight, I will have to go back and make sure I am a follower of yours...I am also a wallpaper lover forever, not every room but 3 room and I love them...

loudon said...

Hi. What is the name of the paper in second picture from top. You wrote you like the light white and blue paper. There is a mirror and blue and white vases in the pic. Thanks

Tatiana Miresco said...

very beautifull

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! Have a great day!